This page was last updated in
If you constantly experience pain on your abdominal and back muscles, you can try using an inversion table. In today’s time, inversion table manufacturing has been a trend for most companies due to its popularity. There are many options in the market but only a little percentage of consumers are familiar with its features. With this, most buyers tend to get disoriented by picking out the best one to fit their budget and needs.
In this article, we shall be looking into several options you may choose from when buying an inversion table. This guide will help you choose the appropriate one within your current budget.
Video Credit: Harry
Here is a quick preview of our top 10:
#1. Gravity 4000 from Ironman
#2. 475SL Inversion Table from Exerpeutic
#3. Pro Max from Health Mark
#4. Heat Comfort and Vibration Massage from Merax
#5. EP-960 LTD from Teeter
#6. Premium Folding Inversion Table from Invertion
#7. Inversion Table with Airsoft Ankle Holders 475SSL from Exerpeutic
#8. ITX9600 Inversion Table from Innova
#9. ITM5500 Inversion Table from Health Gear
#10. iControl 400 from Ironman
Inversion Therapy Benefits
An inversion table comes in handy when undergoing therapy for joint disorders and muscular pains. Moreover, it helps improve your posture and enhance your over-all general health state. Here are some benefits of inversion therapy.
- 1. Relief for Joint Pain Joints experiences stress when you are undergoing heavy workout activities. Inversion therapy aids in relieving your joint’s excess stress. By handing your body upside down, the muscles in your joints are stretched and elongated. This can eventually reduce discomfort and pain. However, one should note that there might be misalignments due to activities that utilize the one-side of your body. These include but not limited to tennis and badminton.
- 2. Lymphatic System DetoxificationSince the therapy allows your body to hang upside down, your lymphatic system drains down fluid wastes. As the toxic fluid travels in a single direction, this stimulates your system, eliminating wastes such as lactic acid. This type of fluid commonly causes muscle and joint pains.
- 3. Back Pain ComfortInversion tables may be used while undergoing inversion therapy. This type of therapy elongates your spine and increases the space between your vertebrae. This relieves the discs, nerve roots, and ligaments from pain. There are several studies that show people get better as they continuously participate in inversion therapy. It helps lessen the pressure which provides relief for back pain.
- 4. Better BreathingWhen standing upside down, the blood travels and fills your upper part of the lungs. This is highly different from the usual way where the lower part is filled. This results in more oxygen getting produced. As a result, your diaphragm becomes strong. This will allow you to breathe better as you continue with the therapy.
- 5. Improvement in Blood CirculationThe blood is flowing in a single direction because of gravity. Hanging upside down aids in better blood circulation. Nutrients can reach certain areas in your body where it is not normally passing. Inversion therapy can also aid in decongesting several internal organs. It promotes better circulation throughout the body. It also helps decrease the change of varicose veins’ development.
These are just some of the benefits you may get from using an inversion table for inversion therapy. Medical professionals highly recommend this procedure for those people who experience joint and muscle pains. We recommend you check out some of the best inversion table options in the next section to help you get started.
Top 10 Inversion Tables
Provided in this section are some of our top picks for inversion tables. We recommend you check out their features as well as the pros and cons before deciding to invest in one.
Manufactured by one of the leading brands in inversion table manufacturing, this product from Ironman provides value for money. Ironman inversion tables are built with high-quality materials, allowing it to last longer.
This table is an upgrade from their 1000 and 2000 models. Ironman provided enhancements that provide safety, comfort, and high performance. With this, users can experience benefits from new features that it offers.
- Adjustable height
- Secure ankles for safety
- Prevents movement through non-skid stabilizers
- Provides comfort with its handles with a foam cover
- Excellent weight capacity
- May encounter difficulty in setting up
- Limited support for people with short height
It features a heavy-duty steel frame that provides you security and stability. Its durable body has a weight capacity of up to 350 pounds. You are guaranteed with a lifetime warranty of labor and parts for the frame. You are assured to get the best quality of the product.
You can expect excellent features from inversion tables from Exerpeutic. It has a no-pinch airsoft ankle holders as well as a safety lock system. This lowers your risk of falling and accidents.
The equipment has a steel frame which has a maximum capacity of 300 pounds. This product can last for a long period of time giving you an excellent investment for health.
- Accommodating and inclusive weight capacity
- Easy to adjust the ankle mechanism
- Good locking system for the ankles
- The comfortable grip on the handlebars with a foam cover
- Easy to store
- Mislabeled parts which make it easier to set up
- Equipment tends to be heavy
Several of its interesting features are the headrest and softback foam. Utilizing a control pin which is easy to utilize, you can adjust this table in four multiple ways. Moreover, you can easily reach the system that locks your ankles.
This inversion table from Health Mark guarantees you an excellent inversion ride on every use. Equipped with the latest technology and features, it can help you feel relief on joint and muscle pains.
You can utilize this equipment to face up or down, working your different muscles with discomfort. This table has similar features with that of massage tables. With this, you are assured that you shall be comfortable upon utilizing it.
- Offers a comfortable rest for your face
- Can support a bodyweight of a maximum of 600 pounds
- Allows a full inversion of 180 degrees
- Can be used during massage sessions
- Has five options for positioning
- May ten to wear faster over time
- Needs improvement in shoulder support
This product comes with knee and thigh support. Its padded braces for the ankles offer comfort and stability when in use. The design is similar to the equipment utilized by therapy centers. You can easily get the benefits of inversion therapy centers at the benefit of your own home
Offering traditional features with a few enhancements, this inversion table from Merax incorporates massage and heat therapy. Your muscles will thank with extra features this inversion table provides.
Equipped with modern massage vibration features, this product helps you ease your pain on sore muscles and joints. It helps you relieve stress and pain on your back muscles and body joints.
- Offers weight capacity of up to 300 pounds
- Easy to adjust the rotation feature
- Provides a simple mechanism for redistribution of weight
- Has an adjustable pin for better inversion
- Provides comfortable with its ultra-thick back support
- Ankle support pin may wear off after a few uses
- Hard to assemble
Featuring a vibration and massage heat technology, this equipment helps you enhance your therapy experience. Its steel frame is powder and solid coated which makes it durable for regular use.
Made by one of the reputable manufacturers of health industry equipment, this inversion table stretches your spine and back effectively. It offers excellent functionality and safety features.
Registered in FDA, your paraspinal muscles and spine are provided with the traction that they need. This product has ergonomic ankle cups which wrap around the area for added security. Moreover, it has bed flexes that contours your feet for a secure position.
- Easy to store
- Simple to assemble with only five steps
- Durable as it is made from high-quality steel parts
- Utilizes simple arm motion for weight shifting
- Good ankle support and lock
- Needs improvement in packaging
- Difficult to turn upright
This product features nodes for acupressure that provide release in trigger points. The lumbar bridge emphasizes the traction on your lower part of the back. Overall, this product guarantees quality performance with every use.
Made from heavy-duty tubular steel, this inversion table from Invertio provides exceptional stability and strength. It can last for a long time even with a generous weight put into it.
Aside from its excellent strength, you can also appreciate its sleek design. Equipped with a silver-colored frame and black upholstery, this table is perfect on any home theme.
- Easy to adjust height settings for short and tall users
- Features a contoured foam and large pad backrest
- Provides back and lumbar support
- Equipped with easy-to-grip handrails to provide additional comfort
- Has an improved and new bolt design
- Too heavy to lift and move around
- Hard to assemble as it is made up of a number of components
With its unique features and design elements, you are sure to get your money’s worth with this table from Invertigo. Storage also presents no fuss as it compactly folds in place. You can easily place it against your wall or inside the closet.
Features a robust frame made from heavy-duty steel, this product from Exerpeutic also offers excellent design. It has a powder-coated design finish with vinyl covered backrest. Its 0.75 inches foam aims to give you the utmost comfort with every use.
Its weight capacity can handle up to 400 pounds. You no longer need to worry about fitting in multiple family members in one piece of equipment.
- Utilizes a steel frame material to prevent instability
- Has a locking system for the ankles to keep you safe and secure
- Easy to adjust control pin used for adjustment of angle inversion
- With ergonomic ankle cushion for comfort
- Features a foam-padded and thick backrest
- Heavy and difficult to move around
- Parts are mislabeled which makes it difficult to assemble
Its features already present the equipment as a great addition to your health-related equipment. It offers adjustable straps, multiple inverting angles, ankle cushion, and pull-release of ankle system.
Known with a sturdy and easy-to-assemble design, this product from Innova helps you get started on inversion without a fuss. It offers safety features that allow you to securely invert worry-free.
It is lightweight, making it easy to move on different areas in your home. Nevertheless, its heavy-duty construction promises you that it will last for a long time.
- Has up to 300 pounds of weight capacity
- Utilizes a protective cover that has a patent-pending
- Features five adjustment positions making it easier to position yourself
- Offers a long and wide backrest with foam padding
- Equipped with a roller and handles with thick foam
- Not recommended for shorter people
- Several parts and areas may not be well constructed
This product can benefit you for a long time with its comfort and safety features. With its ergonomic design, your ankles will feel comfortable and snug when inverting.
More than just an inversion table, this equipment from health gear offers a massage pad that uses vibration. Along with this, it has heat options for a soothing and sensational massage.
Equipped with a removable mat, you can easily get a rubdown that is invigorating as you utilize the inversion technology. It offers excellent support on the spite through the backrest.
- Utilizes a four-inch-thick foam for the backrest that has contour fit for comfort and support
- Has a multi-function back vibrating and heating massage pad
- Features an easy in and out support for the ankles
- Offers a longer locking arm which minimizes back bending
- Can easily adjust on four positions
- Straps tend to get worn out easily
- Some areas in the ankles may hurt during inversion
Compared with other popular inversion tables, this product is lightweight and portable. It is also multi-purpose as you can utilize it as an inversion or massage chair. You can also easily include it in your large backpack to come along with you as you travel.
No longer do you need to bend in order to unlock both of your ankles as you get off the table. The extended clamp post can aid you in doing this.
The Disk Brake System iControl from Ironman provides innovative features and heavy-duty design. It also provides excellent comfort with the help of back and head support.
Equipped with soft but not rigid padding, you can experience comfort especially on extreme therapy sessions. Your ankles need some love too. Ironman provides you ankle pads aided with steel construction for stability and safety.
- Made from high-quality materials which makes it robust
- Can be folded for easy storage
- Offers stability and safety during the inversion process
- Provides comfort with its back padding
- Features ankle protection pads
- Limited weight capacity
- Disk tends to brake after a few uses
In general, iControl 400 from Ironman has an outstanding padded backrest and steel frame. It provides you both support and comfort. Even if you are investing more, it is definitely worth your penny.
These are our highly recommended inversion tables in the market. It is essential to get the most value out of your money. With this, we suggest you evaluate these options well and select the best one for your needs.
What to Look for in an Inversion Table
Inexpensive inversion tables may not be the best decision. It can pose a risk in safety and security for its users. With this, it is important to identify the features to look for in a good inversion table. Here are some of the factors that you should consider.
- 1. Comfort – Most low-quality inversion tables tend to be uncomfortable. We suggest you get inversion equipment that offers a pain relief method with features for comfort.
- 2. Safety and security – You should also consider checking the ankle protection and locking system. Make sure that the closure system offers excellent support and security. This can help reduce the pressure as you reverse.
- 3. Usage – Some inversion tables come with difficulty following instruction. We recommend finding one that requires a simple configuration and installation.
- 4. Budget – When addressing a health concern, the price should not be an issue. However, high-quality inversion tables tend to go on a higher price point. You must assess your investment well.
Good performing inversion tables should be sturdy and durable. With this, users are guaranteed with safe-to-use and long-lasting equipment for years.
How to use an Inversion Table – Relieve Your Back Pain – The Basics
Inversion tables are excellent equipment for fitness and addressing several health concerns. Among its advantages are joint pressure relief and disc hydration. Moreover, it helps improve blood circulation and waste elimination. It can also increase one’s height and flexibility.
There are several inversion table manufacturers that promise results such as nerve pain relief and ligament strengthening. Nevertheless, you must evaluate the options in the market well to get the best one for you.
We recommend you check out our suggestions above which are equipped with excellent features. Moreover, you should also be knowledgeable about the factors you should look for in an inversion table.
- Qaseem, A., Wilt, T. J., McLean, R. M., & Forciea, M. A. (2017, April 04). Noninvasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Low Back Pain: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians.
- Nosse, L. J. (1978, August). Inverted spinal traction.
- Conner-simons, A. (2017, June 24). Dr. John Sarno, 93, Dies; Best-Selling Author Tied Pain to Anxieties.
- Apfel, C. C., Cakmakkaya, O. S., Martin, W., Richmond, C., Macario, A., George, E., . . . Pergolizzi, J. V. (2010, July 08). Restoration of disk height through non-surgical spinal decompression is associated with decreased discogenic low back pain: A retrospective cohort study.
- Teeter. (2018, August 24). Inversion Table Benefits | FDA Registered Inversion Tables.